Click for an article/video summary
2 minutes 5 seconds
Artist website: www.u2.com
What makes this video great and what can you learn from it?
- getting the info straight from The Edge himself
- simple stuff simply works
What can you learn from the article?
- chord progression used at the end of With Or Without You
- sometimes the best is to keep guitar parts simple
- some impressive U2 career stats
Takeaway: Often guitarists have a tendency to add layer upon layer of parts or to fill all available space with lick after lick. However, most of the time this just gets in the way of the music and distracts the listener from what the song is all about. Don't neglect the simple things because they can have the biggest impact.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute 29 seconds
At the end of "With Or Without You" - would you have played that same easy chord figure D - Dsus2 - D - Dsus4?
That cliche that has been played millions of times already? That's so easy and beginner-like?
D - Dsus2 - D - Dsus4
Well, me neither. 🙂Continue Reading...