Click for an article/video summary
1 minute 32 seconds
Artist website: www.facebook.com/nunorocks
What makes this video great?
- cool Rimsky-Korsakov inspired piece
- creative use of delay effect
- combination of different playing techniques
- diminished 7th arpeggios
What can you learn from the article?
- how the "delay trick" works
- other players who used delay creatively
- how to calculate delay times
- source of Nuno Bettencourt confirming his use of delay on this track
Takeaway: Delay is one of the most commonly used effects for guitarists. Therefore it's important to know how to use it effectively. While most modern units help you set-up your repeated notes so they fall into a rhythmic subdivision automatically, it helps to understand the formula behind it.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes 8 seconds
The Good Ol' Delay Trick
A delay effect is one of the most common used effects for a guitarist. Many players use it to fatten up their lead sounds. However, when you start to increase the delay time parameter, you can also use it to add a more pronounced echo effect which allows you to play with/against yourself.
The following guitarists are known for either having used the technique or using it all the time:Continue Reading...